Here is my life in a list:
(1) I’ve decided to take 2-3 weeks off of running completely, due to some scary pains in my left knee and right hip (thank youuuuu Chicago marathon).
(2) I’m not happy about (1), but I’m taking advantage of the 0 mileage weeks to strength train.
(3) Because of (1), I am not running in the Philadelphia Half Marathon this upcoming Sunday, 11/17.
(4) I’m not happy about (3), because I have been looking forward to the Philly Half for months. Also if you’re keeping track, this is the second race I’ve had to sit out this year due to injuries incurred in a marathon.
(5) I took the last written test of my life today, which rocks because I’ve been taking tests for 21 years.
(6) I’m really excited for Thanksgiving. I have a scary oral exam for school two days beforehand, so whether that goes well or not, I’m planning on eating a ton of food and getting my drink on for Thanksgiving.